When I was told that actor John Cena “begged” for forgiveness from the “Chinese people” (though he was clearly begging the Chinese Communist Party, owners of Hollywood) for calling Taiwan a country, I assumed it was exaggerated. I figured he said he was sorry and moved on. Nope, he begged. In Chinese. In a public video. If he had fallen to his knees in front of Xi Jinping and wept while kissing the Chinese leader’s feet, it would not have been any more humiliating than the video he recorded.
John Cena apologized in Chinese on Sina Weibo after calling Taiwan a country during an interview promoting Fast & Furious 9 pic.twitter.com/dzRKIYgEzL
— Joe Yizhou Xu (@JoeXu) May 24, 2021
Translated: “Hi China, I’m John Cena. I’m in the middle of Fast and Furious 9 promotions. I’m doing a lot of interviews. I made a mistake in one of my interviews. Everyone was asking me if I could use Chinese – [movie] staff gave me a lot of information, so there was a lot of interviews and information.
“I made one mistake. I have to say something very, very, very important now. I love and respect China and Chinese people. I’m very, very sorry about my mistake. I apologize, I apologize, I’m very sorry. You must understand that I really love, really respect China and the Chinese people. My apologies. See you.”
Cena had been doing interviews to promote “F9,” the latest installment in the long “Fast and Furious” saga. During an interview, he mentioned the nation of Taiwan, sending furious phone calls and threats from Beijing to their minions in Hollywood demanding the actor make amends. We can assume threats were made to block the movie altogether and blacklist Cena for making such a “grievous” mistake.
According to Taiwan News:
American professional wrestler and actor John Cena apologized profusely in Mandarin on Tuesday (May 25) after Chinese netizens became enraged over his reference to Taiwan as a country. On May 8, TVBS released a video of Cena excitedly promoting the film “Fast & Furious 9” in Mandarin for Taiwanese audiences. In the video, Cena emphasized that “Taiwan will be the first country to see ‘Fast & Furious 9,” and speaking to Taiwanese viewers, he reiterated, “You are the first to see this movie.”
However, after a massive surge in cases that occurred one week later, Taipei and New Taipei on May 15 declared Level 3 restrictions, which were expanded nationwide by May 19. The film was originally supposed to premiere in Taiwan on May 19, but it was postponed indefinitely as Level 3 measures put an end to all movie showings across the nation.
Meanwhile, in China, where there is an ongoing outbreak of local COVID-19 cases in Anhui Province and Liaoning Province, the film’s premiere was held on May 21. The Taiwanese video eventually made its way to social media in China, enraging Chinese netizens with comments such as “You can’t speak Chinese, please shut up.”
A press conference prior to the premier slated for May 18 in Shanghai was canceled due to “threats,” reported Apple Daily. Fearing an impact at the box office revenues in the lucrative China market, Cena posted a video on Weibo in which he lamented in Mandarin that he had done many interviews to promote the movie and during one of them had “made a mistake.”
This shines a bright spotlight on the reality of China and more importantly the Chinese Communist Party. They hold the strictest possible controls on information, which is why there is still an ongoing debate about the origins of the Wuhan Flu that they unleashed from the Wuhan Virology Lab onto the world. Whether intentionally or as a result of their absolute stupidity, the close and well-funded allies of Dr. Anthony Fauci are clearly the reason the world is in the state that it’s in, but they will continue to lie in order to save face.
That’s why this Cena apology is so important. On the surface, it may seem like just another Hollywood pawn salvaging his place in the lucrative Chinese film market, but in reality it’s an example of the iron grip the Chinese Communist Party has over many aspects of life in the United States. This isn’t just Cena being weak. It’s Cena demonstrating that his prospects are controlled by the people pulling the strings, an nearly all of them are in Beijing.
This isn’t isolated. Beijing’s control in the United States and around the world is tremendous and growing. Covid-19 is just the tip of the iceberg. As The Daily Wire reported, some of the actions taken by the Chinese communist government to hide the truth about the coronavirus pandemic that started in their country include:
- Silenced doctors and journalists that tried to alert the world to the pandemic.
- Shut down the Shanghai laboratory where the coronavirus genome was first shared with the world.
- Repeatedly lied that the coronavirus was not transmissible from person-to-person. This includes lying to World Health Organization on January 14 when it claimed that the coronavirus could not be spread from person-to-person when it had evidence that it could back in December.
- Threatened numerous nations that have been critical of its propaganda campaign and who have called for international investigations into China.
- Clamped down on allowing any coronavirus research from being made public.
- Spread false information in the U.S. that was intended to cause panic inside the U.S.
- Repeatedly lied about the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in their country, according to top U.S. intelligence officials, estimates from top think tanks, and other foreign governments including China’s own allies. China also has a history of lying about the extent of outbreaks that originate in their country. U.S. officials say that China did this because it bought them time to hoard medical supplies from around the world, which is a well documented fact. China also reportedly blocked U.S. companies that manufacture in China from shipping medical supplies outside of China. China then shipped faulty medical supplies all over the world.
- Refused to allow CDC and WHO officials into China for months to learn about the coronavirus and to help contain the outbreak.
- The Five Eyes is an intelligence alliance — which is comprised of intelligence agencies from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand — concluded in a research document that China engaged in “the suppression and destruction of evidence” and pointed to “virus samples ordered destroyed at genomics labs, wildlife market stalls bleached, the genome sequence not shared publicly, the Shanghai lab closure for ‘rectification’, academic articles subjected to prior review by the Ministry of Science and Technology and data on asymptomatic ‘silent carriers’ kept secret”.
- Have falsely claimed that the U.S. military brought the coronavirus to Wuhan.
Watching John Cena grovel should act as a warning to all. Whatever influence you believe the Chinese Communist Party has in the United States, multiply it by ten. They’re in control. Pretending like they’re not is ignorant.
YouTube, Spotify, and other Big Tech platforms are taking Freedom First Network down
It’s no secret we speak our minds and bring on guests who do the same. That’s one of the biggest reasons we put together the Freedom First Network in the first place. There are far too many news outlets, including so-called “conservative” media companies, who are so beholden to Big Tech that they temper their perspectives at best and outright coverup the truth at worst. Many, as you all know, will blatantly lie in order to maintain the narrative that supports the radical agenda taking over much of the United States.
We have had our YouTube channel taken down. Many of our shows have been suppressed or removed by Facebook and Twitter. Spotify banned one of our shows completely from their platform. Google hates us. We’ve even been censored by some of the smaller players like Medium, Transistor, and Captivate. But we stand behind our reporting and perspectives and we refuse to bow down to Big Tech tyranny for the sake of pageviews or video plays.
This isn’t the easiest road to travel, especially for a media company that is so new. We launched Freedom First Network in 2020 to fight against the very censorship that we’re seeing so widespread today. We have found great homes for our content on freer speech platforms like Rumble and we’re putting our best efforts forward into building our presence on Locals. Nevertheless, we cannot do it alone. We need help.
One of the things cofounders Jeff Dornik and JD Rucker agreed to from the start was to never be the pawns of companies that do not embrace our worldview. Finding advertisers and affiliates is easy; we receive requests by companies wanting to be pushed on our shows every day. But it’s important to us that we’re promoting companies, services, and products that are beneficial to maintaining a Freedom First stance in America. As a result, we do not take on sponsors easily. We would rather rely on our own products like Freedom First Coffee and the support of our wonderful viewers, listeners, and readers.
Those who want to support us and help keep the fight for America’s future moving forward can do so by donating through our Locals page. There, you can donate monthly or one-time. Some have told us to use Patreon or GoFundMe, but both of those platforms have demonstrated a hatred for free speech. Locals does not. They embrace it. We encourage everyone to join us on Locals, but donations are greatly appreciated as well. We do not have day jobs. Our fight for freedom is a full-time gig.
Please feel free to reach out to us through our contact form. It goes directly to our founders, so if you’re interested in getting involved, investing, sponsoring, or even bringing a show to our network, let us know. May God Bless the United States of America!